Sunday, October 30, 2011

Between Marriage & Divorce - 30

When PD was out here, we had a nice time.

One moment that stands out in my mind happened that Friday. When the Bear was at school and the Princess was coming back from camp.


PD and I were hanging out at the house. I was on the computer. PD was on the couch laying down. We'd stayed up late the night before, so he took a nap.

After a while, I started feeling drowsy. I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing. So I went over to the couch and sat down. PD opened his eyes.

"What's up?"
"Nothing. I'm sleepy."

So I lay down next to PD. He opened his arms and I put my head on his chest. I fell asleep in no time. With his arms around me. It felt right.

When we were dating, we'd often fall asleep on the couch while we were watching football together at his apartment. We hadn't really done it since we had the kids. So this was a blast from the past. And I so enjoyed it.

--------------------------

Even BE noticed how PD and I were with each other. BE went to my son's football game that Saturday. She noticed how more in tune PD and I were with each other. How we were even holding hands again. She saw the tenderness. The affection. She saw how happy I was.

I wonder what the other folks from football were thinking when they saw PD. That was the first time they'd seen PD. I wonder who they thought PD was. You see, I don't talk about PD. No one asks either. I mean, I'm the one who brings my son to practice. I'm the one taking care of the two. I'm never with anyone. I wonder if anyone will ask? I wonder if anyone even noticed him?

No comments:

Post a Comment