Sunday, October 02, 2011

Between Marriage & Divorce - 2

When I moved out to CA in May 2010, PD and I had a plan. I would start a new job and get a house set up. I'd take the kids so they could get settled into a school. PD would start a job search but continue with his job. This way we'd continue with a steady income to cover the mortgage on our house and expenses he was helping me with. That was OUR plan.

PD agreed that 15 year in AZ was enough time. That it was my turn to decide where we live. And I picked CA!



It was an easy decision for me. I missed my sisters and my folks so much. It would be a good move for the kids as well. They'd have aunts, uncles, & cousins to hang out with. Their cousins could counsel the kids in their coming pre-teen and teen years.

So the kids and I have been here since May 2010. I've been working and taking care of the kiddos. That's where my time has been invested. I've really got no time for myself. Okay. Okay. I do have a couple hours to myself at night. After the kids are in bed. But really? A social life? I don't know what that is. The only real social life I have is when we hang out with my family. Nothing special really. Just hanging out at my Mom's. My sister's. Not all the time. Just about every month or so.

So it's basically work and the kids. That's it for me. My life. Can I say the same for PD?

No comments:

Post a Comment