Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Between Marriage & Divorce - 25

October 6

PD is here!

PD seemed pleased to be here when BB and I went to pick him up.

I wasn't sure how to act when I first saw him.

I'm not sure how he felt about how hesitant I was being.

But who could blame me for being hesitant? I mean, really?

We were both cautious with each other on the drive home. Mainly sticking to "safe" topics and interacting with BB.

Once BB was in bed, PD and I were able to talk. I did get a little perturbed with him at one point. I asked him a question and he gave me one of his "I don't know" responses. I looked at him and shook my head. I then walked upstairs. And took a HOT shower.

Yes. This is how I handled my discontent. I took a hot shower. It's something that my Mom used to do when she was upset with my father.The act of showering would change her mood. Like she'd wash away the bad emotions. And so? That's what I did.

I have to tell you that I felt SO much better once I'd taken a shower. I washed off my day at work. I washed off my negative feelings. I then came back to PD on the couch with a clean mind.

We were able to talk. Really talk. Of course, he was tired and so was I. We went to bed. Together. And it felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment