Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And the end might not be the end

On my resignation letter, I wrote that the last Friday in June would be my last day.

Shhh...

I've got a secret!

It turns out that our office wants to start a pilot program where folks can work remotely.

And I am a candidate!

Not only will I not be in the office. I'll be at home. In a totally different state!

I know that there will be more than a few ruffled feathers, but HEY I've proven myself to everyone who matters. My previous managers. The outside vendors. Our outside partners. Even our call center folks!


If I do successfully become the guinea pig for the program, all those "complainers" can just take a back seat. Because I've proven myself time and time again. What 99% of the employees don't know is that I worked from home for four years with two virtual companies. That I even supervised a team of 8 in India. So I know what it takes to work remotely. I  know how to set a schedule and stick with it.

I'm just crossing my fingers and toes that any day now I'll be told I've been given the green light. So the end of the month just might NOT be the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment